Thursday 21 August 2014

From The First Tentative Bend Of A Big Toe

The first words of anything always feel scarey especially anything I write . So very tentatively I start .
This blog here is about my yoga adventures and journey as I expand my practise and connect with the yoga community locally and across the planet. To those who don't know me I have a lovely yoga studio in the former hostel building at Glenhordial Farm. I call this the Bamboo loft as it has a most wonderful bamboo floor in it. 

Caught in a light moment at a photo shoot.

My yoga journey has been interesting to say the least. I had no intention to take up  yoga there  was nothing further from my mind. About six years ago an organisation that I was doing some work for, insisted that we had to do four sessions of yoga whilst on a course that we were attending. I protested loudly that as I went for a run in the mornings there was no need for me to take up yoga. I was dragged kicking and screaming onto the yoga mat. I was not on my mat five minutes, when I wondered to myself why on earth it had taken me so long to discover yoga.It had an immediate and dramatic effect on my life from that morning forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment